Friday 7 November 2008

Get out of your road!!

I have been Twittering with @AlohaArleen and @TheDailyBlonde about the the joys of Australia. They are both from the USA and said they would love to visit one day.

It got me thinking.

So many people get in their own roads for doing things. Rather than focusing on reasons while they can do something, they look for reasons why they can't:
  • It's too far
  • I don't know anyone there
  • What would I do
  • Where would I stay
  • They speak funny
  • I don't think I can afford it
  • I don't want to go by myself
  • What if I need to get back in a hurry
  • I don't like flying
... the list goes on!

That is not just for a frivolous trip half way around the world. I have also heard:
  • What about the economic crisis
  • I've never done that before
  • I have other responsibilities
  • You can't be spiritual and rich at the same time
  • People wouldn't understand
  • It's too hot
  • It's too cold
  • It's too hard
  • It's too easy
  • I could never do that
  • People will laugh
  • What will my husband/wife/kids/parents/friends/counsellor/postman think
... and the list goes on.

Get out of your own road!! If you really want it, go for it. Go for it with everything you have. Don't let what you can't do get in the road of what you can do.

So what are the reasons you WILL be doing what you have always dreamed of?

Enjoy

Warwick Merry
The Get More Guy
www.warwickmerry.com

No comments: