Friday 2 September 2011

Just Keep Swimming

I am having one of those moments.  You know those moments? They usually occur just before a breakthrough. They are when you have been doing a lot of work, giving support and resources to others, inspiring those around you, working diligently on your project or focus but you just don't seem to be getting the traction you want.


A friend once told me, "Don't quit before the miracle happens."  
Malcolm Gladwell would say, "Don't quit before the tipping point happens."
Calvin Coolidge would say, "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
Dory would say, "Just keep swimming!"
Shakespeare would say, "Once more unto the breach dear friends."


With these in mind I continue the path. I will look at my obstacles as sign posts that I am actually moving forward. No obstacles means I am not doing anything. I have put on loud music that fires me up (thank you Foo Fighters) and I will just keep swimming once more unto the breach and not quit before the tipping point happens as I press on.


I am having one of those moments. Most of us do. They are not good, not bad, they just are. 


How do you move through yours?







No comments: