Monday 14 December 2009

What would Spiderman do?

I was speaking to a group last week about Spiderman. Yes, I know - it is not very "businessy" but it is very relevant.


Spiderman's uncle told him that "With great power comes great responsibility".


I believe that the opposite also holds true. That is, "With great responsibility comes great power".


Too often I see people dodging responsibility in an organisation. These same people are also complaining that "they can't change anything". I implore you to take responsibility, it really isn't that bad. Once you take responsibility for a change you wish to see or a situation you wish to change, you will find that you have power over that situation. You also have power over your own attitude about that situation.


Where do you need to take responsibility?

1 comment:

Rod Sherwin said...

I remember reading that Spider quote when I was a child and it really stuck with me through my life.

As I learned the ability to help people with emotional issues, I would hear that quote in my head saying that now I have the power to help people I also accept the responsibility to do so.

Who says you never learn anything from reading comics ;-)