Monday 30 January 2012

Have You Exercised Your Slack Muscle?

Damage
Have You Exercised Your Slack Muscle?

Wifey and I are into investment properties. We like them and they work for us.

Late last year a tenant advised us that someone had broken in and done some damage. It turned out the damage was smashed walls, windows and a massive mess. The neighbours advised us that within weeks of moving in there was a huge party and the cops had to be called. In fact, the party made the local paper. Personally, I suspect the damage was more "party" related than "break-in" related.

Anyway, the landlord insurance covered the replastering of the third of the house and we took the opportunity to repaint the entire inside of the house and re-carpet it. That is not us hiring painters, that is wifey and I spending three 14 hour days washing ceilings and walls and then giving the ceilings, walls, door frames and doors two coats of paint.

To be honest, I was physically shattered!

I am used to speaking on stage, strutting around trade shows, talking on the phone or working at my computer. I have all these muscles that had gone slack in my body. An intense painting work out reminded me they were still there.

It got me thinking about some of the muscles I used to exercise in the workplace but haven't for a while. I haven't done cold calling for quite a while, I haven't done random networking for a while and I haven't called my old clients to see how they are for a while. Like my slack painting muscles, when I do this it may feel strange, hurt a bit, make me feel exhausted or even turn me off doing it ever again. It is so important to exercise the slack muscle in your business. To do the tasks that pay off, even if you don't want to do them.

Have you exercised your slack muscle recently?




Valentine's Day Deal
Don't forget that up until Valentine's Day you can save $450 on the Get More Business Success System and Get More from the Next 90 Days eCourse. Visit www.WarwickMerry.com/GMBS for details. Don't miss out!

Complimentary Exhibiting Webinar
Join Million Dollar Relationships  Expert, Danielle Storey, and me for our complimentary Exhibit Like A Pro webinar Tuesday 31st Jan at 2pm Melbourne time. All the details here.

No comments: