Monday 7 May 2012

How Is Your Community?

CleftHow Is Your Community?

I had the pleasure of speaking at the Rotary Club of Box Hill Central during the week. My grandfather was a Rotarian and I always enjoy being able to contribute to my community.

What about your community? Do you contribute? That doesn't mean you buy chocolates for the local Kindergarten fundraiser or give money to the tin rattlers at the traffic lights, but do you give some kind of significant contribution of time, energy or resources to those around you?


At Rotary I was talking about the 7 Secrets of Success and one of them is contribution. It is amazing what Rotary and Rotarians do. The Box Hill Central Club is the home of Operation Cleft. It is this group of people who arrange for cleft palate surgery and speech therapy for those in need in Bangladesh. Basically, they are giving a smile for life!


If you are looking to contribute to your community, I can highly recommend Rotary - or at the very least a donation to Operation Cleft to get a year end tax deduction!


Click here to find out more about Operation Cleft and what they do.


No comments: