Monday 5 October 2009

What do you Want?

I am one of those people who is "a bit slow catchin' on". As I said to Wifey when we first got together, "I don't do subtle". The same with my coaching clients. I advise them that they are not to suggest, imply, hint, wish, hope or be subtle about what they want or need. If you are subtle or only hinting, you could talk for days about something and I may not get what you are after.


The same can be said for life in general. If you want something, ask for it. The classic bible quote of "Ask and it shall be given unto you" may not always be accurate but it works better than just wishing for something. How many discounts are you missing out on because you don't ask for it? How much special treatment do you miss because you never ask?


I was once travelling and stopped at a hotel. When booking in I asked how much was the room. I asked was there a corporate rate, to which the attendant said yes and quoted the price which was about 20% cheaper. When I asked how do I get the corporate rate, she said, "You just have to ask for it". Naturally I asked for it!


What are you missing out on because you don't ask for it?

Having said all that, I now need to ask you a favour. My community acapella vocal group, Mood Swing, is having their CD launch on Sunday 11 October at 3pm. I would love for you to be there or buy a copy of the CD. To listen to a few samples, find out more about the event or purchase the CD visit
www.takin-a-chance.com

Enjoy!


No comments: