Monday 19 July 2010

Do You Hear Voices?

Yesterday I was contemplating the old saying "The person who says something can't be done is usually interrupted by someone doing it."  I am not sure if it is a quote, saying, proverb or adage, but its meaning is true.

It may surprise you who the person is saying that it can't be done, it's you!!

I suspect you will be telling other people they can achieve their dreams but you may hold yourself back on your own.  Have you ever heard that little voice saying "Who are you to attempt this?", "There is no way you can do it", "What if it doesn't work", "Don't bit off more than you can chew", "Think of all the things you will have to do and you are not that lucky".

I know these voices because I have heard them a lot over the years.  But yesterday I was reminded of a fantasy I had years ago where I would be paid a lot of money to sing or play music.  It popped into my head as I was returning from singing at a sell out gig with my vocal group Mood Swing.  At the same gig where we were paid well and sold CD's as well.


What do you think is impossible for yourself?  What do you stop yourself from doing before you even get started?


It's time to change the voice in your head.





Photo Credit: Me! On stage looking at audience on the right

No comments: